**NEW STUDIO POLICIES AND PROCEDURES FOR SAFETY**
Your health and safety and the health and safety of our teachers is of utmost
importance. In accordance with Ottawa Public Health, below are new studio
policies and procedures.
What to expect from us:
1. We will maintain physical distancing during the sessions.
2. Teachers will wear a mask at all times.
3. Studio will be sanitized in between classes and at the end of each day.
4. Hand-washing/sanitizing before and between each class.
5. Change rooms are currently closed. Washroom for emergency use only. After using the washroom, please use
the disinfectant wipes to wipe down all the surfaces you have touched.
6. Classes will be 55 min in length to allow for proper cleaning between classes.
What we expect from you:
1. Stay home if you’re sick.
2. Arrive only 5 minutes before the start of your class. Sanitize your hands
upon entering the studio. No waiting inside the studio lobby. Building lobby available
if needed. Please do not touch any of the Pilates equipment.
3. Arrive dressed and ready to go. Bring a pair of clean socks to change into at
arrival. No bare feet allowed.
4. Shoes and jackets stay in the entrance.
5. Respect physical distancing during the class. Class size limited to 6 students
and 1 teacher. Your instructor will be adjusting the class accordingly.
6. Masks are required at all times. If you need a temporary break from your mask, please advise your teacher. Walk out to the lobby of the building, remove your mask, take a few deep breaths, and then resume wearing your mask. Sanitize your hands again upon re-entering the studio.
7. Bring your own water bottle and limit personal items.
By attending your session, you attest to the following:
- I am not experiencing any flu-like symptoms such as fever, cough or
shortness of breath.
- I have not traveled internationally or to an impacted area within Canada
within the last 14 days.
- I do not believe I have been exposed to someone with a suspected and/or
confirmed case of COVID-19.
- I have not been diagnosed with COVID-19 and remain not yet cleared as
being non-contagious by public health authorities.
- I am following all Health Canada recommended guidelines as much as
possible and am proactively taking steps to limit my exposure to COVID-19.
- By participating in classes at Rouge Studio, I acknowledge and accept the
risks associated with COVID-19.
We’ll amend these studio policies and procedures as needed or as guidelines
change. Thank you for your understanding
What should I wear?Ideally, you should wear something that you are able to comfortable move in. This may include clothes that are also appropriate for yoga or going to the gym. If you would like to wear something underneath (or over!) your clothes that make you feel confident and sexy, such as movement-friendly lingerie, you are more than welcome to!
Do I need specific shoes?We prefer our students to wear non-marking, indoor shoes or dance in socks. For this class, most students prefer socks. Our studio has a lovely hardwood floor that is very sensitive to high heels and other “aggressive” shoes. This is why we ask that you use non-marking, clean shoes for class. (Exception is the heels class as it is run from a different location. Clean indoor heels are accepted for this class)
Do I need to take everything off? Absolutely not! The comfort of our students is our top priority. Our classes may feature stocking peels, glove peels, and bra peels; however, you are welcome to wear these items on top of your clothes.
Will there be a performance at the end of the class?At the end of the Level 2 group performance class and Level 3 Solo/Duet class, there is a performance scheduled at a local burlesque show. This performance is completely optional. You are welcome to “opt out” if you are not comfortable performing!
I am a mature/curvy/trans student... can I take these classes? Of course! We firmly believe that ANYONE can do burlesque and other forms of dance! We have had students of all ages, shapes, sizes, gender identities, and abilities take our classes.We are committed to making our students feel comfortable and safe while they are with us. If there are any questions we can do to help you feel welcome in our classes, please let us know!
Private Lessons, Parties, and General Questions
We offer Private Lessons in Burlesque, Belly Dance and Strip Tease! Contact us for our rates
We offer Bachelorette and Birthday party experiences, fun for the whole gang. Contact about times and rates
You can request a private lesson with any of our instructors
I’m not able to pay for my registration all at once. Can I pay in installments?
Yes! While we try to price our classes to make them as accessible as possible, we understand that it’s not always easy to pay for them all at once. We are happy to divide the full payment for your class into two or three installments! We have done this for many students- so don’t worry about being the only one! Just contact us if you need to make use of this option.
Refund Policy: There are no refunds or credits given for missed classes or for cancelling once a session has started. If you cancel 24 hours before the first class, a refund will be given minus a $50 deposit
Interested in booking any of our instructors or The Rougettes or Saintly Sinners for a performance at your event? We are able to perform a wide variety of burlesque and dance styles in all kinds of settings. Contact us for our individual rates
Drop-ins available for Tuesday Night Tease, Belly Dance, Floor Work, Jazz Funk and Heels for $20 in cash. Contact us to reserve a spot.